Basil Essential Oil
We offer 100% pure & natural Basil Essential Oil distilled from Ocimum basilicum plant, which is native to India. It is commonly called as Sweet Basil as well. The leaves and seeds of the basil plant are the important medicinal parts of this herb, which is regularly used in cuisines and recipes all over the world. Basil essential oil is popular in Europe, Central Asia, India and Southeast Asia.
Uses & Benefits:
- The oil is extensively used for culinary purposes in the Mediterranean region and still forms the active ingredient of many Italian recipes such as pesto. It is also used when making pasta and salads.
- It is mostly used for respiratory, muscular, and joint support.
- The Basil Oil is used to increase the mental strength, as it fights with migrane, stress and taking out from depression.
- It is applied on the skin for allergic issue, any kind of insect bites.
- Basil oil is correcting of digestive disorders and correcting of the respiratory tract.
Basil Oil Specification:
Botanical Name: Ocimum basilicum
Common name: Sweet Basil
Mode of Extraction: Steam distillation
Parts Used: Leaves
Note Classification: Top
Appearance: Colorless to a pale amber colour
Organoleptic Properties: Sweet, gentle and clear aroma with crisp smell
Refractive Index at 20 °C: 1.500- 1.510
Specific Gravity at 20 °C: 0.925 – 0.935
Solubility: Insoluble in water, soluble in alcohol and oils
Storage: Well closed in air tight containers away from sunlight and heat preferably in amber color glass containers.
Blends With: Bergamot, Clary Sage, Clove Bud, Lime, Eucalyptus, Juniper, Lemon, Neroli, and Rosemary.