Elemi Essential Oil
Closely related to the trees that give us Frankincense and Myrrh, Elemi exudes an exotic, fragrant resin when its leaves are sprouting. This yellow resin, similar to Frankincense and Muhuhu, has a strong woody scent, which solidifies when it comes into contact with the air.
Uses & Benefits:
- Elemi oil is used in treating Bronchitis, catarrh, extreme coughing, mature skin, scars, stress, and wounds.
- Breathing troubles, congestion in lungs & nose, coughs due to acccumulation of phalegm can all be treated by use of this essential oil.
- It can stimulate almost all the functions that our body performs. Be it blood circilation , secretion of hormones & enzymes, discharge of juices in stomach, nervous system, heartbeat, respiration, menstrual discharge, etc.
- It is a very well non anti-septic.
- It is analgesic and helps in curing pain which results from fever, cold and sprains.
Elemi Essential Oil Specification:
Botanical Name: Canarium Luzonicum
Common name: Elemi Oil, Manila Elemi
Mode of Extraction: Steam distilled
Parts Used: Resin
Note Classification: Middle
Appearance: Colorless to pale yellow liquid
Organoleptic Properties: Fresh lemony, peppery, balsam, sweet, spicy odor
Refractive Index at 20 °C: 1.470 – 1.490
Specific Gravity at 20 °C: 0.850 – 0.880
Solubility: Insoluble in water, soluble in alcohol and oils
Storage: Well closed in air tight containers away from sunlight and heat preferably in amber color glass containers
Blends With: Elemi Essential Oil blends well with Clary Sage, Frankincense, Rosemary, Myrrh and Lavender
Constituents: Terpineol, elemicine, elemol, dipentene, phellandrene and limonene