Watermelon Carrier Oil
Botanical Name: Citrullus Vulgaris
Common Name: Ootanga oil or kalahari oil
CAS #: 871582-63-7
Plant Parts Used: Seed
Extraction Method: Cold pressed method
Color & Odor: Yellow color with faint, slightly nutty odor
Water melon oil is extracted from seeds of Water melon. Thus, it is also known as Water melon seed oil, Ootanga oil or Kalahari oil. Seeds of Water melon are valued for its high nutritive values. These seeds are dried in sun and once dried, seeds are cold pressed and valuable high quality essential oil is obtained. Oil is carefully sourced to maintain all its crucial properties, its purity, freshness and nutrients. Water melon oil is highly stable and light in texture.
Omega 6, 9 EFAs, Linoleic acid etc.
Blends With :
Almost with all other Oils
Uses & Benefits:
- Oil of Water melon seed helps in preventing formation of free radicals inside body and hence helps in the cure of cancer, Water melon seed oil is rich in fiber content thus helps in the removal of toxins from skin.
- Water melon oil is a preferred base for various cosmetics and hair care products for its non-greasy feel and moisturizing properties.
- This oil can be used as a natural baby oil and is a good option for a carrier oil in aromatherapy.
- Watermelon seed oil is also a perfect choice for inclusion in hair care formulations as it is non-greasy yet highly moisturizing.
- The oil of Watermelon are very useful and are used in curing disease like strangury, urinary problems and diuretic problems and so on.