Natural Essential oils are basically concentrated hydrophobic liquid containing volatile chemical compounds from plants. In simpler terms, they are compounds extracted from plants. They are known to capture the scents and flavor (or essence) from the plant and then help in the process of healing. Across the globe, there are multiple variety of essential oils sold. Each country may have their own specialty. From those multiple varieties, the top ones are:
4) Tea Tree
While there are many more varieties available in the market, these are the most commonly consumed and used types of natural essential oil. Each type has its own benefits and advantages. For e.g., peppermint oil is used for boosting energy and aiding digestion; tea tree is used for fighting against infections; lavender is consumed for relieving stress; and similarly rose is used for improving mood and reducing anxiety. In this article, we would be focusing on tea tree oil and its benefits.
Tea Tree Essential Oil and its Benefits
Tea tree type of essential oil that comes from the leaves of Melaleuca alternifolia which are native of Queensland and New South Wales, Australia. Tea tree oil has many benefits that contributes to its popularity. Let us look at some of these benefits.
- Hand Sanitizer: Tea tree oil has been known to be an ideal choice for natural hand sanitizer. The study has shown that it kills many types of viruses and bacteria that are known to cause illnesses and diseases
- Repellent of Insects: Tea tree oil has a characteristic which is to repel insects away. Multiple studies have been conducted over humans and animals that have proven the theory. One can make this repellent at home by using tea tree oil and grab the benefits
- Removes Dandruff and Cradle Cap: If somebody has dandruff related issues (be it mild or moderate) due to yeast Pityrosporum ovale, that can be easily treated with 5 percent tea tree oil. Also, children who have cradle cap, can also be treated with tea tree. Except dandruff, it also treats itchiness and greasiness of the hair as well head lice
- Treats athlete Foot: As per a study, anybody with symptoms of athlete foot could be treated with the application of tea tree oil cream. While it may not heal it completely, the usage helps in reducing the symptoms
- Some of the other benefits of using tea tree essential oil are treatment of contact dermatitis; nail fungus; and it also improves the oral health of a person as well. People who have allergic skin reactions can find a soothing effect by using tea tree.
While it has so many benefits, there are certain things you should keep in mind before using it. It is likely unsafe to consume tea tree oil through mouth directly as it may cause serious side effects.
Being a natural product, it is highly advisable to use the product for treating the kind of ailments mentioned above but for people with highly sensitive skin, it is highly advisable to consult a doctor first before using it.