Eucalyptus trees are grown around the world and have now been used for their medicinal properties. Their healing strength is derived from the oval leaves of the tree, in the form of eucalyptus oil. The leaves are dried, crushed and distilled in order to release the oil. It must be diluted before the oil can be used as a medicine after extraction. Some important advantages of eucalyptus oil are found here.
- Eucalyptus Essential oil has been used for many years for coughing relief. Eucalyptus oil is one of its active ingredients today for some off – the-counter cough medicines. The popular rub is made from this oil, which is used to relieve cough symptoms of common cold or grip on chest and throat.
- By using Eucalyptus oil, you can keep yourself away from mosquitoes and other biting insects with diseases that are potentially health-threatening. It’s our best defence to avoid these insects. The most popular repellents are made from this oil.
- Eucalyptus leaves are used by Australian aborigines to treat wounds and avoid infection. The diluted oil can still be used on the skin for inflammation and cure. Creams or ointments containing eucalyptus oil can be purchased for this purpose. These products can be used in minor burns or in the treatment of other injuries at home.
- Respiratory conditions, like asthma and sinusitis, can be treated through inhalation of vapour with the addition of eucalyptus oil. The oil does not only reduce the cough but is also suitable for problems related to lungs. Eucalyptus may also prevent symptoms of asthma. On the other hand, it can make your asthma worse for people allergic to eucalyptus. More investigation is needed to assess how eucalyptus affects asthma patients.
- Eucalyptus oil has the potential to treat diabetes as a result of blood sugar control. Experts think it can be useful in people with diabetes to reduce blood sugar. Researchers have not yet discovered the workings of this particular essential oil. The scientific community nevertheless recommends that the people who use diabetes medication with eucalyptus oil can control blood sugar better.
- Eucalyptus’ anti-inflammatory characteristics can ease herpes symptoms. Eucalyptus oil can be used in cold sore, pain reduction and the healing process can be speeded up through it. You can buy balsams or ointments for cold sores that are part of their active ingredient list using a blend of essential oils, including eucalyptus.
- Eucalyptus oil can be used to combat germs which cause bad mouth odour due to its antibacterial properties. Some body washes and toothpastes have this active ingredient. Eucalyptus products may also help to prevent the accumulation of plaque on teeth and gums by attacking tooth decaying bacteria.
- Research suggests that eucalyptus oil reduces joint pain. In fact, this essential oil is contained in many of the most common counter-creams and ointments used to alleviate pain from conditions such as osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Eucalyptus oil helps to reduce many conditions of pain and inflammation. It can also help people with back pain or those who are recovering from a damage to the joints or muscles.
Thus, we have seen the key benefits of Eucalyptus Essential Oil with is one of the key Natural Essential Oils. You can also try out this oil and witness its effects.