Cubeb Essential Oil
Cubeb is a plant, mainly cultivated in Sumatra and Indonesian Islands of Java. It was taken to Europe via Venetian trade by the Arabs. The botanical name of the plant is Litsae cubeba. This is a plant well-known for its fruits and vital oil.
Uses & Benefits:
- Cubeb oil is used as an antiseptic to treat inflammations, infections and skin rashes.
- This oil is also considered truly effective in the healing process of urinary infections.
- It is also used as massage oil for reducing muscular aching and stress.
- Infections like glee, Leucorrhoea and gonorrhea are also treated by using cubeb oil.
- This oil is also helpful in treating throat infections and hypertension.
- It is widely used for cooking, at times as an alternative to pepper.
Cubeb Essential Oil Specification:
Botanical Name: Litsea cubeba
Common name: Litsea cubeba essential oil
Mode of Extraction: Steam distilled
Parts Used: Fruit
Note Classification: Top
Appearance: Pale yellow to yellow liquid
Organoleptic Properties: Crisp, citrus aroma
Refractive Index at 20 °C: 1.480 – 1.490
Specific Gravity at 20 °C: 0.880 – 0.910
Solubility: Insoluble in water, soluble in alcohol and oils
Storage: Well closed in air tight containers away from sunlight and heat preferably in amber color glass containers
Blends With: Basil, Bergamot, Geranium, Ginger, Jasmine, Rose, Rosemary, Rosewood and Ylang-ylang
Constituents: Cubebine, cubebic acid, azulene, camphor, cubebin, dipentene, lineal, pinene.