Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon essential oil is extracted from the Citrus limonum (also known as Citrus Limon), of the Rutaceae family. Lemon oil is extracted from the fresh fruit peel by cold expression. Lemon oil has a sharp, fresh smell, is pale greenish-yellow in color and is watery in viscosity.
Uses & Benefits:
- Lemon oil has a high vitamin content, which makes it a wonderful booster for the body’s immune system.
- It further stimulates white blood cells, thus increasing your ability to fight off diseases.
- Lemon oil also improves circulation throughout the body.
- Lemon oil is very good for health and also helps in improving concentration.
- It cuts down acidity and assists in digestion.
- It also cures rheumatism, gout; arthritis etc. and is also used to treat cellulite, boils, acne, abscesses and carbuncles.
- Lemon oil is used in Vapor therapy. It is also used as burners and vaporizers and helps in curing patients suffering from depression, stress, lack of energy and fatigue.
- Further, lemon oil also assists in improving concentration, clears mind and helps in decision making.
Lemon Essential Oil Specification:
Botanical Name: Citrus Limonum
Common name: Lemon oil, Lemon peel oil
Mode of Extraction: Steam distilled
Parts Used: Fruit Peel
Note Classification: Top
Appearance: Pale greenish-yellow in color liquid
Organoleptic Properties: Citrus, sharp, fresh aroma
Refractive Index at 20 °C: 1.47200 to 1.47400
Specific Gravity at 20 °C: 0.8490 to 0.8550
Solubility: Insoluble in water, soluble in alcohol and oils
Storage: Well closed in air tight containers away from sunlight and heat preferably in amber color glass containers.
Blends With: Bergamot, Lime, Orange and Mandarin
Constituents: a-pinene, camphene, b-pinene, sabinene, myrcene, a-terpinene, linalool, b-bisabolene, limonene, trans-a-bergamotene, nerol and neral