Guaiacwood Essential Oil
Guaiacwood Oil is obtained from sawdust and crushed heartwood pieces of Guaiacwood tree. Generally, Guaiacwood tree is also known as Palo Santo tree or Holy tree and is indigenous to South America.
Uses & Benefits:
- Guaiacwood Oil is enriched with numerous therapeutic properties that help in the treatment of gout and arthritis. It acts as anti- inflammatory agent.
- Natural Guaiacwood Oil is good antiseptic which is effective in killing germs.
- Guaiacwood Oil also aids in helping anxiety driven person and relieves stress.
- Guaiacwood Oil is wonderful de-stressor.
- It is emotionally relaxing and provides calm and peacefulness.
- Guaiacwood Oil has its wide uses in pharmacology as diagnosticre agent in some blood tests.
- It is also helpful in curing rheumatoid arthritis.
- Apart from medicine usage Guaiacwood Oil is broadly used for the preparation of food and also in spices.
Guaiacwood Essential Oil Specification:
Botanical Name: Bulnesia Sarmientoi Lorentz Ex Griseb
Common name: Guaiacwood oil
Mode of Extraction: Steam distilled
Parts Used: Woods
Note Classification: Middle
Appearance: Yellow, amber to greenish colored liquid
Organoleptic Properties: Pleasant, tea rose odor
Refractive Index at 20 °C: 1.5020 – 1.5070
Specific Gravity at 20 °C: 0.9600- 0.9750
Solubility: Insoluble in water, soluble in alcohol and oils
Storage: Well closed in air tight containers away from sunlight and heat preferably in amber color glass containers
Blends With: Bergamot, Elemi, Frankincense, Geranium, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Lavender, Orange Blossom Absolute, Oakmoss, Palma Rosa, Patchouli, Rose, Sandalwood, and Ylangylang
Constituents: alpha-Bulnesene, alpha- & beta – Guaiene, Bulnesole etc.