Frankincense Essential Oil
Frankincense oil is extracted from the oleo gum resins of the Frankincense tree by steam distillation process. The oil is pale yellow-green in color and having woody and a little bit camphoric smell.
Boswellia trees grow in Oman, Somalia, and Ethiopia. Somalia is the best known and most ancient source of frankincense, where it’s been traded and shipped to other places like the Mediterranean, India, and China for thousands of years.
Uses & Benefits:
- Frankincense oil is used as an expectorant, diuretic, carminative, tonic, antiseptic, cicatrisant, astringent, cytophylactic, emmenagogue, vulnerary, digestive and sedative.
- Olibanum Oil gives peaceful and calming effect on the mind.
- It perk up and revamp the lost energy, respiratory disorders can be cured.
- Beneficial results can be observed in combating anxiety, asthma, bronchitis, stress, cough, scars & stretch marks.
- Frankincense oil have high value in perfumery industry, and widely used in the manufacturing of skin-care products.
Frankincense Essential Oil Specification:
Botanical Name: Boswellia Serrata
Common name: Olibanum oil, Luban, Gond
Mode of Extraction: Steam distilled
Parts Used: Resin
Note Classification: Base
Appearance: Pale-yellow or pale-amber in color liquid
Organoleptic Properties: Strong, fresh, balsamic odour
Refractive Index at 20 °C: 1.465 – 1.469
Specific Gravity at 20 °C: 0.844 – 0.849
Solubility: Insoluble in water, soluble in alcohol and oils
Storage: Well closed in air tight containers away from sunlight and heat preferably in amber color glass containers.
Blends With: Basil, Bergamot, Cardamom, Cedarwood, Chamomile, Cinnamon Bark, Clary Sage, Coriander,Geranium, Ginger, Myrrh and Vanilla
Constituents: Octyl acetate, actanol, bornyl acetate, a-pinene, linalool, incensyl acetate and incensole