Gurjun Essential Oil
Gurjun Oil is also called as Gurjun balsam oil and is derived from rare Gurjun balsam tree. This special tree of Gurjun has its origination from Malaysia and is widely harvested for its uses. It belongs to Dipterocarpaceae botanical family and is also a member of Sesquiterpenes chemical family.
Uses & Benefits:
- Gurjun balsam oil is well known stimulant. It helps in the stimulation of heart and increases blood pressure.
- Essential balsam oil also aids in the reduction of mucous secretion and helps in relieving respiratory disorders like asthma,chronic cough and bronchitis.
- Gurjun balsam oil helps in getting relief from skin irritation.
- It cures rashes, wounds, eczema and bedsores.
- Oil is also noted for fighting against viral infections; it battles against influenza and helps in circulation.
- Apart from medicinal uses, useful Gurjun balsam oil is best known for its uses in cosmetics, exquisite and expensive perfumes as well as in the manufacturing of products for perfumed toiletries.
Gurjun Essential Oil Specification:
Botanical Name: Dipterocarpus turbinatus
Common name: Gurjun oil, Gurjun balsam oil, Gurjan oil
Mode of Extraction: Steam distilled
Parts Used: Woods & resins
Note Classification: Base
Appearance: Pale yellow to amber clear oily liquid
Organoleptic Properties: Fresh, nutty scent odor
Refractive Index at 20 °C: 1.4900 – 1.5200
Specific Gravity at 20 °C: 0.9020- 0.9750
Solubility: Insoluble in water, soluble in alcohol and oils
Storage: Well closed in air tight containers away from sunlight and heat preferably in amber color glass containers
Blends With: N/A