Nutmeg Essential Oil
Onion Oil is obtained from Allium cepa Linn which is a plant of Indian origin. Onion is a crucial part of Indian kitchens. Allium cepa or onion is a perennial herb which has hollow leaves, flowering stem and bulb above roots.
Uses & Benefits:
- Onion oil contains sulfur which is correlated with anti-platelet activity that helps in curing cardiovascular.
- Studies have also inferred the protective effects of this oil against stomach and colorectal.
- Onion oil can be consumed and applied over theskin as it is highly antibacterial, anti parasitic, antiseptic and antifungalby.
- Onion oil helps in gastrointestinal disorders.
- It also has diuretic properties and it can also be used internally to eliminate worms.
- Onion oil is also useful for the people suffering from high blood pressure.
Onion Essential Oil Specification:
Botanical Name: Allium cepa
Common name: Onion oil
Mode of Extraction: Steam distilled
Parts Used: Bulbs
Note Classification: Middle
Appearance: Yellow to golden brown liquid
Organoleptic Properties: A strong, sulphuraceous odor
Refractive Index at 20 °C: 1.50 – 1.65
Specific Gravity at 20 °C: 1.00 – 1.10
Solubility: Insoluble in water, soluble in alcohol and oils
Storage: Well closed in air tight containers away from sunlight and heat preferably in amber color glass containers
Blends With: Asafoetida, Garlic, Rosemary, Oregano, Sage, and Thyme
Constituents: Sulfur compounds, dipropyl disulfide, methylpropyl, disulfide, dipropyl trisulphide. It also contains protein, vitamins B 1, B 2, C, potassium, selenium, fructosans, saccharose peptides and flavonoids