Sweet Orange Essential Oil
Sweet Orange oil is extracted from Citrus sinensis (also known as Citrus aurantium var. dulcis and C. aurantium var. sinensis) of the Rutaceae family and is also known as Portugal or China orange. Sweet Orange Essential Oil is most often referred to simply as Orange Oil.
Uses & Benefits:
- With its versatility, affordability and wonderfully uplifting aroma, Orange Oil is one of the most popular of essential oils within aromatherapy.
- The aroma of Orange Oil is cheerful and helps to improve the aroma of a stale-smelling or smoky room.
- Orange Oil has become a popular ingredient within a wide assortment of natural (and some not-so-natural) household cleaning products. we often add a few drops when I clean the floor, but I always recommend being careful when trying essential oils on surfaces for the first time, and only use a few drops.
- It serves as a detoxifier, boosts immunity, treats constipation and dyspepsia and is very good for maintaining healthy, smooth and glamorous skin.
- It also helps to cure acne and dermatitis.
Sweet Orange Essential Oil Specification:
Botanical Name: Citrus Sinensis
Common name: Orange Oil, Citrus Oil, Orange Peel Oil
Mode of Extraction: Steam distilled
Parts Used: Fruit peel
Note Classification: Middle
Appearance: Yellow orange colored liquid
Organoleptic Properties: Sweet, citrus, rich aroma
Refractive Index at 20 °C: 1.4720 to 1.4740
Specific Gravity at 20 °C: 0.8420 to 0.8460
Solubility: Insoluble in water, soluble in alcohol and oils
Storage: Well closed in air tight containers away from sunlight and heat preferably in amber color glass containers.
Blends With: Lavender, Bergamot, Lemon, Clary Sage, Myrrh, Sandalwood, Nutmeg, Cinnamon Bark and Clove Bud
Constituents: Pinene, sabinene, myrcene, limonene, linalool, citronellal, neral, geranial, decylic aldehyde, Terpineol and carotin