White Pepper Essential Oil
White pepper belongs to Piper genus of Piperaceae family of Piperales order. Scientifically, White pepper is identified as Piper nigrum which is flowering vine and is widely harvested for its essential fruits. This is one of the particular spices which are usually dried for seasoning. White pepper is obtained from completely matured dried peppercorns drupes. Oil from white pepper is extracted through steam distillation method.
Uses & Benefits:
- White Pepper Oil is used in very small amount and is especially effective in addressing digestion related troubles. It is useful in resolving digestive tract problems also.
- White Pepper Oil consists of anti- spasmodic properties which help in comforting muscles of gut.
- It is also helpful in the treatment of anemia and is a good stimulant of spleen to promote the formation of new blood cells.
- The essential oil is usually used in curing arthritis pains and its related symptoms.
- The essential oil is one of the commonly used medicinal agents that are helpful in treating migraines, headaches and fever.It also cures catarrh, chills, colic, flatulence and diarrhea.
White Pepper Essential Oil Specification:
Botanical Name: Piper nigrum
Common name: White pepper oil
Mode of Extraction: Steam distilled
Parts Used: Fruits
Note Classification: Middle
Appearance: Colorless to pale yellow liquid
Organoleptic Properties: Spicy, sharp and woody aroma with oriental undertones
Refractive Index at 20 °C: 1.460 – 1.480
Specific Gravity at 20 °C: 0.885 – 0.895
Solubility: Insoluble in water, soluble in alcohol and oils
Storage: Well closed in air tight containers away from sunlight and heat preferably in amber color glass containers
Blends With: Black pepper oil and other spice oils.
Constituents: Its components include alpha-pinene, myrcene, monoterpene derivatives and many others.