Lime Essential Oil
Lime is a small evergreen tree that produces a small, sour fruit very similar to Lemon. The fruits themselves are green in color with a fleshy interior.
Uses & Benefits:
- Lime oil is useful in the treatment of infections like sore throat,cold, fevers etc.
- It is an useful anti bacterial astringent and is useful in the treatment of various skin ailments like acne etc.
- Lime oil has toning properties; hence it is worn to clear oily skin and also helps to cure herpes,insect bites and cuts.
- Lime oil also aids immune system and is used in the cure of coughs,sinus and bronchitis.
- It is helpful in the cure of arthritis, rheumatism, poor circulation as well as treats obesity and cellulites.
- Lime oil is also useful in reviving tired minds, calms anxiety and depressions.
- Lime oil is widely used in vapor therapy as burners and vaporizers.
- It is blended with other oils for massage and baths.
Lime Essential Oil Specification:
Botanical Name: Citrus aurantifolia
Common name: Lime Peel Essential Oil
Origin: Sri Lanka
Mode of Extraction: Cold pressed
Parts Used: Peel
Note Classification: Top
Appearance: Pale yellow to yellowish green liquid
Organoleptic Properties: Sweet acidulous lemon peel odor
Refractive Index at 20 °C: 1.476 – 1.486
Specific Gravity at 20 °C: 0.855 – 0.880
Solubility: Insoluble in water, soluble in alcohol and oils
Storage: Well closed in air tight containers away from sunlight and heat preferably in amber color glass containers
Blends With: Allspice, Bay, Bergamot, Cedarwood, Cinnamon Bark, Clove Bud, Ginger, Grapefruit, Lavender, Melissa, Neroli and Petitgrain
Constituents: a-pinene, b-pinene, myrcene, limonene, terpinolene etc.